"The enemy who is against the laws of nature will lose his battle before he begins to fight.
The first priority to the ninja is to win without fighting." - Soke Hatsumi Masaaki

Friday, October 10, 2008

Junan Taiso

Junan Taiso includes joint rotations, body massage, stretching, balance among other things. I find that it is very important for injury prevention, also helps those annoying aches and pains to go away from sitting at the PC for to long. It also helps I am currently seeing at 6th kyu in being able to do a technique or not, especially when it comes to the wrists and foot work.

I try to do this everyday but have found recently being not so well I have not kept it going. Something I personally need to sort out, still I do it at lest 3 times a week when I attend class.

Shihan Richard Van Donk has a short Junan Taiso Demonstration on the 9th Kyu DVD in his Black Home Study Course. I have been informed by his blog in the members area that there will be an Advanced Junan Taiso Book and DVD Set to be release soonish. He has been working on this project with Dr Greg D. (I believe it was) along with other studies in this area. Ether way I am looking forward to it.


(Video Included shows a Demonstration of Junan Taiso. Please Note there is a lot more to it than is shown here)

No comments: